Saturday, May 3, 2014

Yummy but fattening.

Hello everyone, if you have been reading my blog for awhile,you'd know that I have been battling with my weight issues for some time ago.Even though I have lost a considerable amount of weight since, I am still very far from my ideal physique. Chubby and flabby everywhere. But sometimes, I have to take a deep breath when I end up being with an extreme dieter. ( I used to be one. I guess I am still one.) No junk , no processed anything, no sugar . It is as if it has become a real badge of honor to deny yourself anything other than food with "perfect labels".

I have not eaten chicken chop for a long time,until yerterday, i indulged in a thigh ( i cut out the drumstick and shared it with my dad) . Mum made a very fattening food for dinner last night.  

These two chicken chops ( marinated with honey,red wine, rosemary,oyster sauce) are getting ready to broil.  Broiling is better than roasting because broiling is typically only used to brown the tops.However,this is a quick way to cook meats,fish,seafood and vegetables. Roasting is to cook food with dry heat with the aid of fat.
Up next, the yellow peppers and tomatoes, lined up to be broiled.
Next, Eryngii mushroom. 
Salad dressing.
Here's a big bowl of greens with pasta.


30 minutes later, the chickens are ready to be distributed into respective plates.


Ready to be served.
And finally, omgosh! Here's the whole plate of meal . Everything is yummy but fattening.Honestly, I feel kinda bad and regret now.I went to gym very early on the next day. But my fitness instructor told me it's okay to have this meal once in a while. A healthy lifestyle doesn't mean you have to deprive  yourself  from things you like to eat. As long as, you don't eat fast food so much that it derails your goals or makes you sick,then it's okay. One bad meal doesn't make you fat. Too much of a good thing can be bad too. But one thing, just make sure it doesn't become a habit and keep up with your healthy eating.



Treadmill today : Ran for 5km and 360 calories burnt. Duration is 52:47 minutes. I hope I burnt at least half of the calories intake of the meal I had last night. 


Remember, do/eat things in moderation and your weight loss will be sustainable.


Love,
ChingYee.


No comments:

Post a Comment