Monday, May 12, 2014

Quality Over Quantity - Eat Smart .

Just in case you forgot how I used to look like,here is the gentle reminder.There's the previous me on the left and the current me on the right. I love delivering shock-factor pictures like these cos they're always so fun. Especially when you found out that you are no longer the person you used to be. I embrace my past because it has made me a better person. 


I'm so afraid that I might put on weight during my semester break and I would accidentally let my strength slip again and have my weight rebound back up. Surprisingly, after almost a month of my break,I haven't gained any weight in fact I've lost weight. My hips and waist got smaller. HAHAHA! But of course , hard work paid off. I usually go to gym at least thrice a week. I love how the treadmill putting me in shape. Even though the new fitness program is seriously killing me,I still enjoy doing it. 5km run on the treadmill is a must in the gym,in my case.

Generally I try to eat healthier and fresher meals.On days when I really feel like eating something unhealthy,for example,chicken chop rice,I try my best to substitute it with the next best thing.I decided to cook on my own because it is healthier to eat homecooked meals. I don't say it is carb free but it is still delicious ( sustainable dieting is key ) and relatively good for you compared to the deep fried variety you get at the western food restaurants out there. 

Let us move to the pictures below :

It has been ages ago since I had this amount of rice. Rice is rich in carbohydrates and it's really fattening. I would normally have this amount of rice back then - days when I haven't started on my diet journey. 


Instead of having a big bowl of rice, I would go for three tablespoons. So picture below is my portion of rice. I don't rarely take rice but when I do, I will always go for three tablespoons,never more than that.


When it comes to chicken, chicken chop always comes with whole chicken thigh.I had chicken breast instead of thighs. Chicken thighs have skin and dark meat, they are often maligned as being unhealthy. Chicken breasts on the other hand are composed of white meat and thought of as a healthier option. With the exception of one or two areas, breasts and thighs actually do not differ that much in nutrient content.

Chicken thighs = Protein + Fat

Chicken breast = Protein 


Picture below is my homemade chicken chop ( breast ) with my three tablespoons of rice and broccoli. Craving fixed, in a healthier way. :)


Here's the normal chicken chop rice I made for my family. They have brown sauce on the whole chicken thigh with a normal portion of rice with egg and broccoli. It is highly not recommended to those who are on diet.




I realized that after awhile of trying to control my diet, I don't have to give up good taste if  I am on a moderated diet. I can be losing weight and yet be eating all sorts of food that I love. I just have to eat smart and choose quality over quantity. Sustainable dieting means something you can keep doing for months on end without feeling you're on the brink of starvation or depriving yourself. Now that I'm lighter, healthier and eating better, I feel amazing. I'm thankful that I'm easier on the eyes these days, too. No need to worry about layers of fat folding around my stomach when I sit down or bend over and I love being able to fit into nice clothes which I couldn't wear  last time.I'm still not totally contented with my body and weight. One thing, always remember, choose quality over quantity.

Have a nice day! :)


Loves,
ChingYee.

No comments:

Post a Comment