Thursday, July 30, 2015

I Was Obese & Antisocial Part ll

Right now, I think my only happiness is losing weight.

Now where's all the positivity. ( from the previous post )

Did you know that lonely people are actually interesting because they process so much knowledge?
  1. I started blogging to speak my mind. This turned out pretty well since it taught me how to code and how to write so that I can captivate people emotionally.
  2. I set goals where I told myself that I would be as fit as genetically possible.
  3. I concentrated on having better skin care, facial appointments, quality hair products, dyed my hair, anything that is going to improve my looks. But just too bad, I have no style or sense of fashion. 
  4. I got good grades in my 3-year diploma program. I have worked really hard. My hard-work paid off.
I have achieved all these things because I wanted to add value to my life. I wanted to be someone important. Often times, people do not see what I have been through to know why I am very determined. They just think that I got lucky or something. If you truly read all the way down here, you can clearly see it has nothing to do with luck. My motivation and determination is what built my success.

It feels good to be called "pretty" but it brought into light how different people perceive beauty in different ways. I for one, never believed that I was ugly or pretty at any point go my life, yes I was huge and I did not look like I do today but I was as comfortable in my own skin than as I am now, and I guess that's what matters the most. The world is a reflection of your own, if you think you are happy, everybody thinks you are happy. I have always believed that your face, your body are temporary things in life and a day will come when they will wither away, because of age if not nothing else, but your personality, the person you are within that stays with you forever till the end of your time. As the saying goes , " a pretty face is nothing with an ugly heart".

So, while people are spending a lot of time trying to be beautiful from the outside, I think what they should be doing is try and be beautiful inside. Having said all that, I would like to acknowledge the fact that this physical change in me has indeed changed me a bit in some ways. In the positive way, I am more confident these days, I can talk to strangers with more ease than I ever used to do before.

I have become a fitness conscious person and I have begun to take good care of my health, more importantly, I realised the importance of physical exercise and healthiness eating habits which will help me in the long run.

In the negative way, I am more apprehensive about the people in my life now, when I was fat and "ugly", I had fewer people in my life but I was always confident that they love me for who I am and not how I look. As for people's reactions, they have always been pleasant and motivating. They keep asking me for tips to lose weight and it really feels good that somebody is being inspired by me. 

And mainly I earned respect from people who used to tease me.

Invest in yourself. You can afford it. Trust me.

 Have a nice day!

Lots of love,
ChingYee.

No comments:

Post a Comment